Looking for a fun way to kick off Thanksgiving dinner this year? Thanks to Reddit, a new guessing game has gained some popularity and become a real thing people do at the dinner table before digging in to what seems to be endless turkey and cranberry sauce…
“What I’m Thankful For” Rules
- In secret, everyone individually writes 1 thing they’re thankful for on a piece of paper. (If you’re a small family, multiply the 1 by however many you think each person should put in, to make it harder. The more the merrier really.)
- Fold your paper in half and put them all into a big bowl or jar.
- If you pick your own, put it back.
- Pick one that’s not yours and try to guess whose it is.
- Guess correctly, you keep it. Guess wrong, put it back into the mix.
- Keep this up until you figure out what everyone is thankful for.
Try not to keep score, because what’s more important is actually being thankful for these things. This is a super fun way to get kids involved and kick off family Thanksgiving dinner the right way!