Everyday we like to reflect on what we learned during the Morning Show. Join us for more wisdom weekdays from 5:30-10 !
- Don’t wash your Thanksgiving turkey. It can splash and spread bacteria from the raw meat around the kitchen. Just open it, drain it, and pat it dry with a paper towel. If you have any questions, you can call the USDA meat and poultry hotline tomorrow between 8 am-2 pm.
- If you’re hosting and wondering what size turkey you’re going to need for your guests, it should be 1 and one quarter pound per person. It may just be easier to cook two small birds.
- ¼ of Americans are tired of the traditional Thanksgiving meals. More and more Americans would rather go out to eat than cook the big turkey dinner. Just don’t sit at the head of the table or you’ll be stuck with the bill.
- There’s never an excuse to drink and drive! The ‘Sober Lift’ program goes into effect today at 3 pm and runs until 2 am on Sunday. You can get a lyft voucher for up to $15 if you’ve had too much to drink.
- An 87 year old Wisconsin man who was on his death bed had one simple request before he passed away: to have last beer with his sons. His grandson took a photo and it went viral on twitter.