Military and state emergency agencies have been surveying facilities across Delaware that can be used to reduce a potential burden on hospitals if there’s a surge of people infected with coronavirus.Facilities would be used for non-covid19 patients who are stable, allowing hospital staff to focus on the most critically ill. Delaware has about 2,000 hospital beds. Delaware is also considering using vacant hotels. As of Tuesday (3/31/20) morning, no facility has been chosen.
Potential facilities include:
- 76ers Fieldhouse, 401 Garasches Lane, Wilmington.
- Chase Center on the Riverfront, 815 Justison St., Wilmington.
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, 1600 Rockland Road, Rockland.
- University of Delaware’s Delaware Fieldhouse, 621 S. College Ave., Newark.
- Modern Maturity Center, 1121 Forrest Ave., Dover.
- Kent County Recreation Center, 1683 New Burton Road, Dover.
- Old Milford Memorial Hospital, 21 West Clarke Ave., Milford.
- Old DSP Troop 7, 18006 Coastal Highway, Lewes.
- Rehoboth Beach Convention Center, 229 Rehoboth Ave., Rehoboth Beach.