Calling all local school choirs! Now thru November 18th, submit your best holiday song for a chance to open for National Recording Artist, Jim Brickman's, "A Joyful Christmas Holiday Show" LIVE at The Grand Opera House in Wilmington on December 15th! Some of the choir's selected will have their song added the Holiday Playlist on The New Mix 99.5 WJBR
Special Thanks to Longwood Gardens
Experience the amazement of autumn and the largest display of mums in the US, including Thousand Bloom Mum. Visit Chrysanthemum Festival today, on view through November 18th
ENTER YOUR CHOIR HERE:
The New Mix 99.5 WJBR Christmas Choir
These rules apply to the Christmas Choir Contest (“Contest”) conducted by Beasley Media Group, LLC d/b/a WJBR (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted at www.mix995wjbr.com apply to this Contest. If there is a conflict between the General Contest Rules and the Rules for this Contest, the Rules for this Contest shall control.
- HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY
- The Christmas Choir Contest will begin on Monday, October 29, 2018 at 12:00am Eastern Time (“ET”) and will end on Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 12:00pm ET (the “Contest Period”).
- Elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools (grades K-12) wishing to participate may be public, private, or charter, but must be located in: New Castle County, Delaware; Kent County, Delaware; Delaware County, Pennsylvania; Cecil County, Maryland; and Salem County, New Jersey.
- For the purpose of this contest, a “Choir” is defined as a school-sanctioned group containing performers who are in elementary school, middle school, or high school students in grades kindergarten through twelve (12).
- To enter online, the authorized choir director of a qualifying Choir must visit mix995wjbr.com and complete an online entry form during the Contest Period. Entrants must fill in all required fields, including name, email, phone number, date of birth, name of the school where entrant is a choir director, the choir name, and the physical address of the school in the online entry form. Once form is completed in its entirety, entrant will receive an email with detailed instructions on how to submit the Choir’s audio file and submit a release form. Audio file must be submitted in an mp3 format. Audio file can be submitted through a file transfer service or in person at the offices of the Station located at 812 Philadelphia Pike, Wilmington, DE 19809 during normal business hours Monday to Friday 8:00am ET to 5:00pm ET. Audio files being submitted through file transfer service must be received by 12:00pm ET on November 18, 2018. Audio files in person must be received by 5:00pm ET on November 16, 2018. Any audio files not submitted by these deadlines will result in the Choir’s disqualification from the Contest. Limit one (1) entry per Choir during the Contest Period. Entries submitted may not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by the Contest administrator.
- The authorized choir director submitting the entry on behalf of the Choir is responsible for obtaining written permission from ALL Choir members (or from a parent or legal guardian if the Choir member is under 18 years of age), consenting to submission of the entry and participation in the Contest. Choir director must be an employee, not student, of the school which they are submitting an entry, and 18 years of age or older. By entering this Contest, Choir directors understand and agree that the Station may elect to use any audio submitted for entertainment and Contest purposes on-air.
- There will be up to a total of one (1) winning Choir selected in the Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- This Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 18years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Contest, who are legal US residents, who are choir directors of a qualifying Choir as described above and reside in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland or New Jersey. Entrants must possess a valid, government-issued ID. Winner must show proof of Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland or New Jersey residency to verify eligibility.
- Employees of Longwood Gardens, The Grand Wilmington, affiliates of Jim Brickman, the Station, its licensee, its parent corporation, their affiliated entities, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the Wilmington, DE metro area and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win.
- Up to one (1) Prize will be awarded. The Prize is the opportunity for the winning Choir to perform one (1) song with Jim Brickman A Joyful Christmas at The Playhouse, 818 N. Market Street Wilmington, DE 19801, on December 15, 2018 and up to fifty (50) tickets to the show valid for performing Choir members and Choir director. In the case a Choir is made up over fifty (50) members, Station is not obligated to but may provide additional tickets, subject to availability. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the ticket portion of the Prize is $2,500.
Choir is solely responsible for costs not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to those of, transportation to/from the venue and tickets for friends and family members. Choir members must be present at the time and location specified by the Station in order to perform.
- All prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station located at 812 Philadelphia Pike, Wilmington, DE 19809, Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within five (5) days of winning. Failure to claim prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the Prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in these Official Rules.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- At approximately 1:00pm ET on November 18, 2018, Station staff and/or management (“Station Judges”) will review all eligible entries submitted and select up to ten (10) “Semi-Finalist Choirs” as determined by the Station Judges in their sole discretion based on the following judging criteria: the rhythm, tone quality, pitch, diction/clarity of lyrics, and the overall musical effect of the Choir’s song in the submitted audio file.
- Beginning Tuesday, November 20, 2018, the ten (10) Semi-Finalist Choirs will be showcased and have their audio files played on-air on the Station (in no particular order) between 6:00am ET and 7:00pm ET. Semi-Finalist Choirs whose entries were aired beginning Tuesday, November 20, 2018 will also have their school names and audio entries posed on the Station’s website at mix995wjbr.com for listener voting beginning at 6:00am ET on November 20, 2018 and ending at 11:59pm ET on December 2, 2018. There is no limit on the number of votes per listener.
- At approximately 5:00pm ET on Monday, December 3, 2018, the Station will announce the winning Choir live on-air. The winning Choir will be selected based on the number of votes received and the Choir who submitted the audio file with the most votes will be deemed the Prize winner, upon confirmation of eligibility. After announcement is made, the director of the winning Choir will be notified by the Station by telephone.
- In the event of a tie vote, the Station will judge the Choirs with the audio files who tied with the most votes based on the criteria above to determine the winning Choir.
- Winner need not listen to the Station or be present to win. If the director of the winning Choir cannot be contacted within forty-eight (48) hours after the prize is awarded or winning Choir is not available for performance on Saturday, December 15, 2018 with Jim Brickman located at The Playhouse, an alternate winning Choir may be selected at the sole discretion of the Station from all remaining Semi-Finalist Choirs based on the number of votes received.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the Contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and by publication at mix995wjbr.com.
- Copies of the written Contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, 812 Philadelphia Pike, Wilmington, DE 19809, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.